Register for Faith Relations
A day long program devoted to focusing on reconciliation and moving forward in relationships between Indigenous and non-indigenous faith community / mission relations based on the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s 94 Calls to Action.
This day will be looking at working on how to move forward together on the journey of Reconciliation
- 9:00 am Registration
- 9:30 am Opening prayer song and drum group followed by Introductions.
- Break Out to Blanket Exercise, followed by a brief break.
- Table group Conversations with facilitators to debrief from the Blanket Exercise.
- Morning session closes in prayer and song.
- 12:00 to 1:30: LUNCH (all participants are on their own for lunch)
- 1:30 pm Afternoon session begins with introduction of Discussion Panel Guests
- Gather into table groups for focused on 3 topics of discussion.
- Topic 1, “what do you believe holds you back from engaging in face to face conversations about reconciliation with the other Approximately 25 minutes for discussion in the table groups, followed by 15-20 minutes having an opportunity to share what they discovered with the larger group and responses and input by guest panelists.
- Topic 2, “Most every community in the world has a church/faith community, we believe this is the cornerstone of every community that will drive reconciliation. How do we harness this potential to ensure we don't repeat the same mistakes of the past?” Approximately 25 minutes for discussion in the table groups, followed by 15-20 minutes having an opportunity to share what they discovered with the larger group and responses and input by guest panelists.
- 3:00 p.m. A 20-minute break to stretch and move around.
- 3:20, reconvene in your table group to continue.
- Topic 3, “what can you do as an individual to initiate/support/create a relationship that connects you to action moving forward from this day to contribute to the ongoing process of reconciliation.” Approximately 25 minutes for discussion in the table groups, followed by 15-20 minutes having an opportunity to share what they discovered with the larger group and responses and input by guest panelists.
- 4:05p.m. – Open Panel Discussion, with time for Q&A by participants.
Proposed Action at the end of the day: working on the possibility of discussing/forming a Reconciliation Moose Jaw Group along with any other communities who wish to explore this subject in coordination with the Office of the Treaty Commissioner for Saskatchewan.
- Day ends in Closing Prayer/Honour Song.
For more information or if you have questions about this day’s program please contact Reverend Tim Ellis Faith Relations / Mission Chair by email: email@example.com or by phone at 306-631-0082.
Please sign up for attending the Faith Relations on Tuesday. There is NO COST to this event, however we do need to know how many people are attending this conference to provide adequate seating.
Any questions regarding the Tuesday conference please contact firstname.lastname@example.org